The Blue Ridge Crossroads Small Business Development Center (SBDC) serves businesses in the City of Galax and counties of Carroll and Grayson. We are available to advise, train, and inform small businesses to help them achieve success. The free and confidential services are available to all businesses at any stage, including the start-up phase. Some of the services include business planning, financial projections, marketing, licensing, and looking for way to grow your business.
The COVID-19 pandemic and its detriment to small businesses initiated many programs to help provide economic relief to businesses. The Blue Ridge Crossroads SBDC quickly changed focus to provide guidance on programs and offer business resiliency training and advising.
During the 2020 Calendar Year, the Blue Ridge Crossroads SBDC has accomplished:
Stats are as of November 30, 2020
- Mandy Archer, SBDC Director, received the Twin County Chamber of Commerce President’s Award of Excellence
- Hired a part-time business counselor, Teresa Catron, with a focus on marketing and brand management
- Launched a new website focused on business information: www.brcsbdc.org
- Served 235 customers
- Provided 151 businesses with COVID related counseling
- Provided 130 businesses with non-COVID related counseling
- Assisted businesses in obtaining $753,747 in capital
- Provided 26 training / community information sessions with 1,126 participants
The new economic stimulus package will provide many small businesses with additional financial relief. Our staff is making plans for information sessions and programming that will support small businesses in 2021.
The work of Blue Ridge Crossroads SBDC is made possible by our partnerships with Blue Ridge Crossroads Economic Development Authority, City of Galax, Carroll, and Grayson Counties. Thank you for your support and partnership.